Nebraska Work Injury Benefits
The damages you’re able to recover after a workplace accident may vary based on the incident and severity of your injuries. Your benefits have the potential to cover:
- Medical expenses, including hospital bills, physical therapy costs, and prescriptions
- Lost wages, based on either total or partial disability
- Permanent partial loss of a member, in the event that you lose a body part
- Permanent partial loss to the body as a whole, if there is permanent damage to the whole body
- Temporary partial benefits, which can be awarded if you can work but not to the extent you could before your injury
- Vocational rehabilitation, giving you a chance to be re-trained in your role or one more suitable to your new circumstances
- Wrongful death, which can be awarded to a surviving spouse or children
Contact us at Salerno & Leavitt to learn more about the benefits you may qualify for in Nebraska or Iowa.
When to Hire an Attorney
The laws surrounding Nebraska workers’ compensation can be tricky, and insurance companies rarely make things easier. Retaining the services of an attorney may be able to lessen any burdens you’re facing. You should contact a legal professional if you’re experiencing any of the following situations:
- Your employer is denying you were injured on the job.
- The insurer claims your injury existed before your accident.
- You’re being denied workers’ compensation benefits.
- You’re not being compensated for work missed as a result of your injury.
- Your benefits stopped before you fully recovered from your injury.
If any of the above scenarios sound familiar, get in touch with us Salerno & Leavitt. As dedicated work injury attorneys, we’re ready to go to bat for you in or outside the courtroom.
Why Work with Us?
We have over four decades of combined experience that we’ll put to work for you. We want to take the stress of your work injury claim off your plate so you can focus on recovering. Our goal is to help you understand your rights as an employee and leverage them in your fight for compensation.
If you’ve been a victim of your employer’s wrongdoing, reach out to us. We’ll set you up with a free consultation at our office in Omaha, Nebraska. We are also available to serve clients in Council Bluffs, Iowa.