If you've suffered from an injury that was caused by the negligence of someone else, you must make a formal claim with the insurance company of the responsible party. In some cases when we're negotiating on your behalf, the insurance company will offer a settlement. In other cases, when the insurance company won't settle, you can ask us to file a lawsuit in order to get the compensation to which you're entitled.
In order to begin building a strong case for your claim, your lawyer will start gathering information including:
- Medical records relating to your injuries
- Evidence of lost wages if you have been unable to work due to injury
- Medical bills and expenses of other treatments such as therapy
- Police reports related to your accident
- Contact information and statements from any witnesses to the accident
- Contact information for all doctors, hospitals, emergency personnel and other healthcare providers that treated you for your injuries